Sunday, December 16, 2007

what a week!

WHOA! I am glad this week is over... for a couple reasons.... The day we got home from the cabin last week, my youngest threw up a couple times. He looked pretty sick, but he didn't throw up another time and slept all night that night. So, the next day (tuesday) everything was great... He seemed better. Well, after the kids took a nap that day, my oldest came into my room and just layed next to me. Didn't really talk, or move for that matter, but when he got up to get a drink of water~ everything he had eaten that day was right in front of me on the floor. He starts crying and I try and console him and tell him it's o.k. to throw up! I bet you feel better right! From 3pm that afternoon until 2AM the next morning, he was throwing up every 30 minutes or less. Poor thing. He finally fell asleep in front of the t.v. around midnight and it was such a blessing to get to stare at him for a while. I haven't done that since he was little. I also noticed that he kind of sleeps with his eyes open! A little scary, but after waving my hand in front of him to see if he was really asleep, I felt a little better. So, now we're on to the 3rd day this week (wednesday). Everything is fine, the kids are feeling better-not really eating but doing better. We still are stuck in the house since it was rainy and cold and since my oldest had a pretty rough night the night before, we relaxed...... My husband came home from work that day around 6:45 ish. I go off to my church activity and enjoy just getting out of the house. I come back and lay on the couch because I felt a little weird. This is normal for me being pregnant lately. I've thrown up almost every NIGHT since I found out. Anyway. I suddenly dash to the bathroom and throw up all of my dinner and then some. I think to myself, that's just a normal night for me. 30 minutes later I'm a the toilet again, and again and again. I wake up the next morning (thursday) after getting about 2 hours of sleep and I fell like ABSOLUTE CRAP! I have aches in my stomach and my back and a little bit of a fever. I can't hardly get up. Grandma came over and took my oldest out and about with her...what a blessing:) she insisted on taking both of them, but I said I can handle one I think. LOL! I layed down on the floor of his room all day while he played next to me. I felt like a hopeless mom just trying to make it through the day. It's now Friday and I think everyone is doing better. I then start talking to my friends and family and here's who else got sick this week......
mom
grandma
brother
nephew(2)
cousin
my husband then got sick on saturday:(
and many more people to come I'm sure.

So here are some pictures of my kids on Tuesday when my oldest was sick...


and me and my youngest just played...before I got sick.


CAN ANYONE RELATE!??

6 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

We can definitely relate! We got sick the week before Thanksgiving. Tyson was throwing up every 30 minutes from 7pm-3am (not as bad as yours). Then 2 days later I threw up all night. It was awful! The next day I couldn't get up either. I was completely dehydrated. I had to use my rolly computer chair to get around in the kitchen. hahaha it was sad. I'm glad y'all made it through it. Oh and then the week of Thanksgiving all the kids got sick at my parent's house. The stomach flu has been all over the state of Texas!

The Piersons said...

Ambyr what a rough week!! I'm so glad y'all are feeling better. You are so blessed to have family so close to help you.

Missy said...

Yikes, that's awful! Hopefully the bug is gone and you guys will have some peace till Christmas! And even though the boys were sick they still look completely cute!

Danielle said...

Yikes! You better not bring any of that sickness around on Christmas Eve...I can totally relate, it seems when one gets sick they all are! I am counting my blessings since during this time last year all 3 of my kids had a hospital stay! I hope everyone is doing better!

the S family said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! It is so hard to watch the kids throw up. I remember you telling me that before Isabella was born. She threw up Monday, I threw up all Tuesday night, and Chad threw up Sunday! Whatever it was really made its way around. I totally know what you mean just laying on the floor while they play. It is almost all you can do! I couldn't even stand to change her diaper, I had to change her on the floor!

nicolespitzer said...

I love it! You really made my day on christmas. Thank you! You are a grear sisiter in law. My guess is a girl and she will be born on May 15th 2008. Good luck tommorrow at the doctors office. See you on Tuesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...........


Nicole Spitzer