Thursday, January 8, 2009

christmas: spitzer family

After the live nativity with marks family, we then go to my parents house to continue the tradition of the ginger bread house making competition. The last two years my dad has gone creative (and sneaky) on us and pulled other "props" to win. My oldest brother Quentin usually comes in second with his creativity as well. As for me, this year I accidently glued the sides of the house in the wrong order. So I made it look like a modern style house with half a roof and then made a little banana tree. maybe next year.... after the competition, we go open our pajamas and the boys LOVED theirs!!! the fact that they had frogs all over them brightened their entire year. Right before we go to bed, my mom tells a story (with some help from my brother derek!) about santa and his many colored bags of toys. The kids loved it. And off to bed they went. Christmas morning came and the kids lit up with excitment. tractors, creative craft table, games, slinky's, frogs and more. Thanks mom and dad( i mean, santa) for another amazing year!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Do I see your husband using a glue gun to make the house? You can't use a glue gun to make gingerbread houses.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Looks like fun. Seeing your family makes me miss my Arlington family.:) Your kids are darling. You need to share your mom's santa story, it sounds cute. I'll try to update our blog soon. Your card was darling. Go ahead and plan on being flown to Denver to photograph my Sophie's wedding.

Christine said...

looks like so much fun. what great holiday traditions! love the cute jammies!