Saturday, January 10, 2009

what a blessing

These pictures are a surprise for my mom. I've been waiting and waiting until avery could fit into this...my blessing dress when I was blessed at 6 months old. My mom hand made this dress for me when I was a baby and to have avery wear this was something very special to me. It makes me think of what a wonderful family I have. The most amazing parents, and amazing brothers. Being a parent now myself, I can't help but think of what patient and humble people my parents were when they were raising us crazy kids. Such great examples. They taught me everything I know. They taught me to always choose the right and to think for myself. They taught me to love and serve. How thankful I am to have such a wonderful mom, now that I see what it's like to have a daughter of my own. It's an incredible feeling. I am always wondering how in the world she raised 5 kids. This is for you mom and dad. avery wearing my blessing dress that you made me years ago just makes me think of how lucky I am to have parents like you. thank you for all that you've have done to make me a better person, mother, wife, daughter and friend. love you.



p.s., yes, I did make a print for you mom. I'll see you in a couple days:)

9 comments:

Bobette said...

Ambyr that's precious! What a great tribute to your mom and dad. Thanks for the paint tips.

Caitlin said...

She is so beautiful!

Regina said...

This is so precious! Kelly wore the same outfit Michael was blessed in too! It really is so special!

Mindee Graver said...

That dress is so amazing, as is your parents. That was such a beautiful post. You are such a wonderful person and great mom, Ambyr, which just shows what a great example you had. Your parents have always been so sweet to me and treat me like family whenever I am around them. I love you and tell you parents I love them too!

Avery is seriously so adorable! Having a daughter is something very special~

The Piersons said...

So Aaron comes up to me at church and is like have you seen Ambyr's blog, I love this dress she's wearing! He kept asking me all day if I had looked at it yet. It is so beautiful, very impressive KJ.

Handi Andi said...

wow what a beautiful baby you have! And what an amazing talent. I love the pictures you did at my wedding better than my photographers. And that was back in the day before you were famous! I can say I knew you when, and that I have some of your early work. We had so much fun. I love looking at your darling family. Glad you are back to posting. I check it almost daily to see what amazing thing you have captured next!

Handi Andi said...

wow what a beautiful baby you have! And what an amazing talent. I love the pictures you did at my wedding better than my photographers. And that was back in the day before you were famous! I can say I knew you when, and that I have some of your early work. We had so much fun. I love looking at your darling family. Glad you are back to posting. I check it almost daily to see what amazing thing you have captured next!

KJ said...

Ambyr, i just saw this. Wow! I am speechless. Thank you for all the wonderful things you said. Words can't describe how beautiful Avery looks in your blessing dress. I can't wait to get my own picture.

Love,

Mom

Pierce and Stacy said...

Ok, that made me cry. I'm emotional right now. That is the most precious dress and I loved those pictures. They're perfect!