Wednesday, May 28, 2008

FINALLY!!!

luke is potty trained!! Well, I may be speaking to soon, but we started on monday- my decision- and he hasn't had one accident!! Last summer he was interested and I think I scared him out of it since I was so excited!! So, he hasn't been that interested until I thought to myself.....I'm changing 3 diapers and I think I'm about done!! So, I went to the store with luke, bought lots of candy and toys and he's been doing sooo good!!! I know there will be accidents here and there, but It's way better than changing 3 diapers!!! And dylan has now wanted to go on the potty since he has seen luke doing it-or maybe it's just all the candy afterwards that he wants! So does anyone have any advice for me as far as leaving the house and going somewhere "new" just being potty trained? I'm afraid Luke will be scared and not go!!! Do I do pull ups when we go out the first few times or keep him in underwear?!


7 comments:

Kacey said...

Yeah...potty training is such an accomplishment. Those pics are GREAT (gotta love those Martin dimples)!

I kept Malia in panties when we went out but I always kept a backup pair of shorts and pull-up in the car (just in case). She always seemed to do better while we were out then when we were home for some reason.

Kacey said...

Um DUH...did I say Martin? I meant PORTER! lol

Mindee Graver said...

YAY!! Congratulations!! No more changing 3 SETS OF DIAPERS!!

I also put underwear on the kids when we went out. Like Kacey I'd keep 1 set of underwear and shorts in my purse and another set in the car. That way you are prepared if he has any accidents. Also I would ask Luke a lot if he has to go potty, don't wait for him to tell you because then it might be to late. Bethanee always told me, but Nicolas and Jonathan would tell me when we were out, but usually not in enough time to make it to a bathroom. So at first I asked them like every 10 minutes if they had to go so we could make it to a potty in time!

Danielle said...

YEA!!!! That sounds so exciting (isn't it sad what I can get so easily excited about). I do not like pull-ups. I say keep them in the underwear but a couple of back ups are necessary for the car. I know it's a pain with 3 kiddos but whenever I went to the store I would take them the second we got there whether they said they had to go or not. You'll soon find that you'll know where every bathroom in every store is located and the quickest route to get to all of them!

Missy said...

Congrats on the potty training! And I know it's probably creepy, but those underwear are frikkin cute! I wouldn't expect anything less than the cutest stuff for your kids!

And yeah, those dimples are killer. Good luck with that! ;)

Regina said...

Okay, those pics are so freakin cute! I love it!

Travis and Joy said...

Hey Ambyr! You're going to be so happy he was potty trained. I made sure Josh was before Adam came and I am so happy I did! I do pull ups at night because he still occasionally pees at night. When we first started going out, I would just take him to the restroom so he knew that this is where we go when we're not at home. Now when I take him out I don't just take him at almost every stop, he just tells me. My only problem is he wants to take everything waist down off when he goes. We're still working on that. :) Good Luck training!!