Friday, August 1, 2008

a new meaning to the slip n slide

I know I posted a few pictures of the slip n slide on the 4th of july....but things have changed! my parents had heard from one of their friends that you can buy billboard signs from a website. Well, they ended up buying not one, but 2 HUGE signs so that we can slide down!!! I can't tell you how fun this is!!! the kids absolutely love it!! I go to my parents' house once a week and spend all day there, and all of the grandkids are there on this day as well. So we pull the slip n slide out every time and have dinner out on the porch. Here is one of the many days we have done this....we even have rafts to go down on it as well! and it all ends with a little pool of water at the end. On this particular day my brother and mark decided to pour dish soap all over the slide...only to make things faster! this is why you see bubbles at the end of the slide:) i've taken lots of videos of it and I need to post those!! It's so funny to watch! last week we had about 20 people there and 5 or 6 would go down at the same time. I was on the sidelines watching since I couldn't get my lovely king fu arm wet.








7 comments:

Kari said...

that is awesome. do you guys have bucca di beppo (if that's how you spell it) there? They have one here in SLC by Matt's parents' house and it's weird! If you're confused about why I'm talking about this, it's one of your billboards. :) but once again, that looks so fun.

Erin said...

Ok, can I beg you to invite me?! :) How freakin cool is that? I love the photo of Mark body surfing! He's seems like a kid at heart. Hope your injury heals nicely. I feel horrible because I love other people's pain and your story cracked me up. Sorry!

Kacey said...

Check out that backyard! If that isn't just the most perfect yard for slip'n slide...how fun. And I love that they bought old billboard signs just for that purpose. Hilarious! I love it!

(and your poor poor wrist accident! I hope it gets better quick!)

kim said...

This looks like a total blast!!!I am still very interested to read how in the world you hurt your hand in that door????

Danielle said...

I want to come!!!!

The Jorgensen's said...

You guys should win a prize for the best slip-n-slide ever!!!

christine said...

haha wow that is awesome! i wish i was there! everyone is getting so big! i HAVE to come visit soon!