Friday, April 4, 2008

growing up too fast...

The other night I kindly went to the store for my husband (something about dr. pepper fountain drinks are the best). As I was checking out, the cashier ( a good sized dark male) just looked at my belly...to be expected of course.
man: boy or girl?
me: girl
man: Is this your first
me: (excited to tell him no and this is why I'm so huge) no, it's my third
man: WOW!
me: yea (not surprised at the reaction...I get that everyday)
man: I have 2 kids, and now they're 16 and 14.
me: (trying to listen, when all I really want is to get out of there and eat my chocolate candy)
man: yep-they grow up so fast...my son who is 14 wears a size 16 shoe
me: WHAT!

So, as I drove home that night, I decided not only do I need to take more pictures of my kids when they're little (on top of the million I already have) but that I need to remember their cute little feet!!!! Who wants to take pictures of a size 16 foot!!!



6 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

At first I thought you said, "As I was checking out the cashier, ..." But NO! It was "As I was checking out, the cashier. WOW. What a difference punctuation really makes! And a size 16? Seriously? That's incredible.

P.S. I love your blog and pictures. Very cute!

Jordan said...

I'm sure you have tons of pictures of your kids - and they're all good ones! I just saw the pics of your kid's rooms and they're so cute. I'm reorganizing my house now so that I can start working on the nursery!!

Mindee Graver said...

Your tagged, check my blog

Christine said...

so true about our little ones growing up so fast!!! Next time we're up there we need to have you get pictures of the kids. I always love seeing your pics-so cute and fun!

Martin Family said...

These are priceless. Holy Cow is that Mark or Dylan in the first picture. Freaky! Love them.

Tiffany said...

I totally agree with your hubby....Dr.Pepper is the best out of the fountain...cans don't compare! yummm