Sunday, June 8, 2008

birthday party

luke turned 3 on friday and dylan turns 2 on wednesday....I decided when I had them so close together that we would have a combined birthday party...atleast until they start to care! So on friday I asked luke what he wanted for his birthday breakfast. like mother like son...donuts!! so I loaded up my kids and we headed down to get the most amazing donuts in denton county. As you can see here, he devoured the spinkled donuts. staurday we had a few friends and family get together for a swimming party. It was a hit. you can never go wrong with swimming! So here are some pictures of the day...


I have to give a shout out to my wonderful mother who made these amazing "frog" cupcakes for the party. I think martha stewart gave her a call later:) They were delicious!


I happened to snap this one of little "mia" ...can you stand the cuteness!!

luke and dylan's cousin trey...such a cute kid


and for the disappointment! It was SOOO WINDY!!!! therefore we could not even LIGHT the candles. And here are the faces of my boys after the news.


seriously dad?

We had a great time...and since I couldn't stand the fact that they didn't get a chance to blow out their candles...I made cookies later and we stuck the candles in them and sang one more round of happy birthdays...

7 comments:

T-bit said...

The party was so fun! You are such a great mom...how did you stand bring around those donuts??? Looking at that picture made me want to go out and get some, thank goodness it is sunday and I can't!!!

T-bit said...

Okay totally meant to type Being not bring

Martin Family said...

Uhhmmmm. . . I think part of your first picture is out of focus a little. I can show you how to fix that. J/K Very cool effect. The only thing that would make these pictures even more special is Emma sitting there beside him. Thanks for sharing, I will have to show Emma.

kim said...

Amber - I am amazed at how much you are still getting done with 3 LITTLE ones! You are a great mom.

The Piersons said...

Happy Birthday Luke and Dylan, how much fun! The party sounds like it was a blast. Also, I need your mom to show me how to make those cupcakes, they are so cute!

Missy said...

I'm so sad we couldn't make it! It looks like such a fun time. I accidentally blew out Ben's birthday candle when we went out to dinner the night before his birthday! I felt so bad! They won't remember that though, only how much fun it was!

Happy Birthday, Luke & Dylan!

Mindee Graver said...

Happy B-day Luke and Dylan! I'm glad they had such a fun day! Where was Avery the whole time? Asleep probably.... they are so good at that age! What did your mom use to make the eye's on those cupcakes? Jonathans b-day is in week and a half and those would be fun to make for him! Love ya girl~